World IP Day: How YOU Can Get Involved
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
World IP Day will take place on April 26, 2015. In Geneva, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) will have a panel discussion on perspectives on the future of music in the digital marketplace, a music-themed film festival, a poster exhibition, and more.
There are many ways to get involved around the globe, however.
Here is a short list of how you can participate. Additional information is available on WIPO's website and on the World IP Day Facebook page.
1) Plan an event and email WIPO the information to be posted on the worldwide events map.
2) Record a short video and send the video clip to WIPO to be posted on Facebook.
Length: approximately 1 minute
Format: HD / MP4 – the videos can also be recorded on a mobile phone if necessary – please do this in landscape mode.
Questions: Interviewees may address the following:
- Why they became a musician/what music means to them.
- Why copyright is important to musicians.
- What they perceive to be the future of music.
- What the theme Get Up, Stand Up. For Music means to them.
- The challenges musicians are currently facing.
- The role and importance of music in movies.
Language: The person featured in the clip may speak in their own language.
Getting the clips to WIPO: The clips may be sent via WeTransfer.com (a free service) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Organize one of the many additional activities suggested by WIPO.
4) Download publicity materials.
5) Join the hashtag campaign around April 26. Follow @WIPO and #worldipday.