SIIA Seeks VP for Intellectual Property and General Counsel
Friday, September 4, 2015
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is seeking a Vice President for Intellectual Property and General Counsel. From SIIA:
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection to the leading companies that are setting the pace for the digital age.
The principal mission of SIIA is to:
- Promote the Industry: SIIA promotes the common interests of the software and digital content industry as a whole, as well as its component parts.
- Protect the Industry: SIIA protects the intellectual property of member companies, and advocates a legal and regulatory environment that benefits the entire industry.
- Inform the Industry: SIIA informs the industry and the broader public by serving as a resource on trends, technologies, policies and related issues that affect member firms and demonstrate the contribution of the industry to the broader economy.
SIIA is seeking a Vice President for Intellectual Property and General Counsel who will be responsible for SIIA’s legal and public policy agenda and is a key member of the SIIA management team. The Vice President for Intellectual Property and General Counsel will also be responsible for the copyright, patent and trademark public policy and public affairs issues of concern to SIIA members, including policies relating to copyright reform and litigation and patent reform legislation. The person will also serve as the chief legal officer of the association.
- Represent and advise software and digital content companies on intellectual property policy matters
- Develop intellectual property policy positions and strategies and advocate these positions to the U.S. Congress, federal and state government agencies and courts, and international governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Monitor, summarize and analyze intellectual property and intellectual property-related bills pending before Congress and policies paper published by the federal government.
- Testify before Congress and various federal and state government agencies on IP issues.
- Draft testimony, legislation, court briefs, and agency comments relating to IP matters.
- Analyze and summarize current and new IP statutory and case law and IP legislation.
- Recruiting and briefing speakers for policy events held on the Hill and in our offices
- Setting up Hill visits for member firms
- As General Counsel, draft association policies and legal agreements, provide legal advice and resolve legal disputes relating to privacy, anti-trust, employment, compliance, merger and acquisition and other complex legal issues.
- JD degree and substantial copyright expertise and experience in government service or private practice. Knowledge of patent, trademark and media law and policy is desirable.
- Expertise and experience in public policy or government relations. An understanding of the intellectual property policy issues affecting the software and digital content industry.
- Excellent analytical and outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com.